Although it is the norm to count down the days to your birthday with excitement, I find myself dreading the moment the clock strikes twelve tonight.
It’s not my age in general that bothers me. It’s knowing there are so many things I and hoped to accomplish by now. The closer I get to 30, the sadder I become.
They say life is not a competition, but it can be extremely discouraging to see people so much younger than I am reach such incredible goals. It makes my heart ache to read about how proud their families are because I feel I’ve been a disappointment to mine.
I’m sure that’s just my low self esteem talking, but I haven’t done anything significant to be proud of myself… So I don’t expect anyone else to be proud of me either.
That is one thing I really want to work on this year… self esteem.
Anywho, since it’s my last day being this age, here are 27 random things about me:
- I LOVE PUGS! And thankfully, I finally own one. She is the biggest brat, but I adore her.
- My favorite color is turquoise.
- Tinkerbell is my absolute favorite Disney character. I lose my shit when she acknowledges me during a parade. No joke.
- I’m one of those people who wants Christmas music on the radio starting November 1st. Deal with it.
- Rainy days make me smile.
- Blood and guts make me nauseous, but I love watching surgeries on YouTube.
- Speaking of gross things, Dr. Pimple Popper is my guilty pleasure.
- Jersey Shore was one of the most ridiculous things I ever saw on television… and I loved every minute of it. Haha!
- Serial killers fascinate me. The ‘psychology of crime’ class I took in college was incredible because we discussed what makes these people tick.
- True crime documentaries… I live for them!
- The beach soothes my soul.
- I am a picky eater, but I’ve been trying new things more often. Go me!
- At one of my lowest points of my depression, I developed exercise bulimia. This is why I struggle with workout plans these days.
- One of my worst habits is nail biting. I’ve done it for as long as I can remember.
- Jealousy is an ugly monster that I struggle to keep locked in a cage on a daily basis. Is it because I’m a Scorpio or …….. ? You decide.
- I’m not afraid to admit that I’m a bitch. You may think you’re insulting me, but I’ll simply laugh and say “thank you” or “I know”.
- IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE has been my favorite children’s book since I was about 7 years old. I used to follow my mom around the house reciting the entire book to her every day.
- Piano and Ukulele are the instruments I currently play. When I was younger, I played the clarinet. In high school, I played percussion.
- Baking brings me joy. It’s one of the few things I’m good at.
- Photography was once my passion in life. I no longer know what my passion is… I’m on a quest to figure that out.
- I love to color. Always have. Always will.
- I am rarely ever on time… yep, I’m THAT person. Sorry, not sorry.
- Heat is not my thing. Summer can go to hell in a handbag.
- I have an irrational fear of balloons.
- I have never been in a fist fight. Ever… but people used to be afraid of me in high school. Jokes on them!
- Crafting makes me happy. Most of my projects come out awful, but it’s the messy creative process that makes it fun.
- Disneyland is my home. There are many haters out there and plenty who don’t understand why I love it so much … but I don’t care.